We have created two special Breeder types, for your ease. These two special Breeder types also work hand in hand to in the TRUE Conservation of the San Clemente Island goat.
These two types do not tell what status your herd is in, but rather the type of DNA registration you would like to participate in.
Your Responsibilities as an ELITE Breeder of IDGR
- You submit DNA samples of your goat directly to IDGR and pay for the DNA Testing
- IF your goat qualifies through IDGR DNA parentage testing you will receive the IDGR special Registration Certificate proving who and what your goat is.
- You agree to be part of the true Conservation Effort of the San Clemente Island goat and also a Member in Good Standing
- You agree that Conservation of the San Clemente Island goat is of utmost importance in your breeding program
Our Agreement to ELITE Breeders
- In exchange you will receive the IDGR DNA highly analyzed Summary of the goat that you own at the time of testing
- You may be able to participate on the Board of Advisors as an ELITE Member Board of Advisors, after being screened for the procedures of being on the Board of Advisors as to protocol. We value your input.
- You will have access to more genetic tools
- You are eligible for various discounts in DNA testing
- You agree to the yearly OFFICIAL goat count
- You agree to work towards at least 90% of your herd being IDGR DNA tested and evaluated
Your Responsibilities as a Basic Breeder of IDGR
- You submit DNA samples of your goat directly to IDGR
- You don’t pay for DNA testing, unless it is required for a specific situation with a certain animal
- You are still part of the Conservation program of the San Clemente Island goat
- You agree to participate in the yearly OFFICIAL Registered goat count
- You would still agree to be a Member in Good Standing
- You are able to participate in some of our Genetic programs
- You are able to fill out questionnaires, but are not eligible to be on the Member Board of Advisors
Our Agreement to Basic Breeders
- You will still receive as accurate as possible Registration Certificates, but you will not see any DNA Titles
- You won’t be asked to pay for DNA testing, except in specific circumstances where it is vital to test the DNA.
- You may, however, choose to pay for DNA testing. If you do pay, then you will still receive the IDGR DNA Summary for goats you own at time of DNA submission.
These are breeders who do not wish to be in the Conservation program of the San Clemente Island goat or be a Member in Good Standing
- You are still required to submit your goat’s DNA sample, but you will not be able to test against the IDGR DNA
- You are welcome to Register your goats or Record those goats who are not Registerable
- You, as a General Breeder are not able to participate in any Genetic programs
We believe that all breeders are valuable in the Conservation of the breed. Everyone has different circumstances, needs and goals. IDGR loves working with our members and the San Clemente Island Goat Community, as we have done for over 40 years.
Conservation is of utmost importance
Your breeders having much fun are also of the utmost importance, as we work together as a family